Estimated install time is 10-15 minutes
Please note that we are not responsible for any damages done to your pinball machine. Install at your own risk! We suggest that if you are not familiar with working on your pinball machine that you take your time or have someone help you. Always consult your manual for detailed information or have a knowledgeable buddy/technician to help you. If you are installing the Pin Stadium Fusions you will simply need to Click Here for the install instructions.
Remove the playfield glass and balls from the machine, then raise the playfield vertical.
The “Standard” tab applies for most all pinball machines. Otherwise click on the appropriate tab if you see the manufacturer of your machine listed.
GI: Connect the BLUE/WHITE cable’s alligator clips to a GI Bulb (polarity is not important so it doesn’t matter which side you connect them to).
Flasher: Connect the RED/GREEN cable’s alligator clips (polarity does not matter here either)
Note: In some cases the alligator clips may not be able to reach into your desired location. If you are trying to connect to unreachable terminals then please use the wire tap leads lead (small colored stiff wires with black barrel ends). These are great for tapping in the back of a connector terminal or EVEN BETTER if your flasher connector looks like the one in this video then you can get an even more secure method to connect it. Check it out our wire tap tip video here.
On the opposite end that you plan to clip to, simply fold it over the black barrel so that it has enough width to connect the clip over it. These methods of connection are generally used and can be semi-permanent solutions if done correctly and it is suggested to put some electrical tape over the ends of the alligator clips to keep them insulated when using the wire tap method. Optionally if you want a permanent installation then you can solder or wire splice into where you determine is the best location.
- Power for JJP Machines (WOZ, Dialed In, The Hobbit): Plug the black power adapter into the service port of your machine located in the bottom of the cabinet inside to the right by the coin door. Due to the tight fit of the playfield support rails on JJP games you will need a small one foot extension cable so that the playfield can be lowered completely. If you ordered for these machines on our website then this adapter would be included. New WOZ, POTC, Willy Wonka and up appear to no longer need them as they have been redesigned and accept the Pin Stadium power supply. We do offer the adapter here on our website.
Location of flashers for all versions of WOZ
Trace the red LED witch flasher wires (it the LED to the right if you are looking down on her from above) to the flat ribbon cable that connects to them. This ribbon cable looks like a 1/4” wide camera film that then goes under the playfield and turns into a red and red/black wire which terminates into a a white 3 pin Molex connectors with blue wires coming out.
- GI/Flashers: Click Here
- GI/Flashers: Click Here
Pirates of the Caribbean
- GI: Option 1: Tap any one of the playfield white spotlights using the wire taps(GI on most all the time) Click Here. Option 2: alternative is with more GI interaction : Click Here You can try either as it is personal preference. I like the spotlights connection personally.
- Flasher: Shaker Motor-> Tap the Light Blue/Black wires going in the shaker motor with the wire taps Click Here
*Note: For models made in 2020-up CGC has changed the wiring when the Royal Editions came out. You will use either the “Royal” or “Non-Royal” depending on which one you have. All others made prior will be the “Original” installation listed on the bottom.
GI: Look in the area where the “Green” arrow is on the left side of the picture and then locate the connector labeled “GI3”. Next you will use insert the wire taps from behind(pressure fit them in with those wires) on the Black and Yellow wire then clip the black alligator clips from the Pin Stadium Blue and White cable.
Flasher: In that same area located the connector labeled “FL17” (it is 2 connectors above the one you just did for the GI). Next you will use insert the wire taps on the Black and Yellow wire then clip the red alligator clips from the Pin Stadium Red and Green cable. That’s it for this part!!
GI: You will use the wire taps to connect onto any White GI bulb. A common one to use is the GI bulb in between the lanes above the pop bumpers (blue arrow in pic below).
Flasher: The Right Castle flasher is located on the backboard of the playfield (red dome to the right of the castle). Trace the two wires from that flasher dome to the white connector, then use the wire taps (per wire taps instructions above, by inserting them behind where the wire goes into the connector) on the Yellow and Blue wires in the connector.
Monster Bash Remake:
- GI: You will use the wire taps to connect into the “BP Moon”. Simply insert one in the “Red” and the other in the “Blue”, then clip onto the other end of the wire tap with the alligator clips from the blue/white Pin Stadium GI cable.
- Flasher: The best place is for the Frankenstein flasher. Trace the 2 wires from the purple orbs down to down underneath the playfield to the connector and use the wire taps there by inserting them behind the wire and then clipping on to them with the alligator clips:
Attack From Mars Remake:
- GI: You will use the wire taps to connect the GI Blue/White cables. Simply unscrew a GI connector (one screw) on AFMR (there are some about halfway down on the right) and then unplug it (machine off to be safe). Now insert the ends of the wire taps into the outside females holes were the GI connectors plug in.Note: It is best to hold the connector vertical, then insert about 1/8″ of the wire tap end in the hole then bend it over so it hangs. Then do that for the opposite side too.Note: Polarity does not matter, so as long as you have the wire taps in good, the Pin Stadium GI module will figure out the polarity for you.Next close up the GI connector on the wire taps while they are inserted (this is why it is important to hold it vertical so that they will stay in as you put the other end of the connector back together). The wire taps are now “pressure fitted” in safely and securely. Now simply bend the opposite ends of the wire taps all the way over on top of the black barrel so that it is thick enough for you to clip the alligator clips onto. (See instructions further down on this page for pictures and an explanation of how to properly use the wire taps).
- Flasher: Now you are ready to connect the Red/Green Pin Stadium Flasher cables to the “Center Saucer” Dome connectors. Trace the wires that come down from the UFO Saucer under the playfield towards the back and you will see a multiple wire connector (in pictures below) that has Yellow and Violet(Purple) wires coming out of it. Simply insert the wire taps in from behind and pressure fit them into each of those. Polarity does not matter here either.
- TNA: Click Here (for power run a power cord into the machine from the wall or tap the 110V power source from the machine and add an outlet there)
- Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle (ACNC) for the GI trigger find this GI board which is located just behind Frankenstein. Use the wire taps on the Blue and Green labeled “+” and “G”. For the UV+Glow you will trigger from the shaker motor.
- Rick and Morty: This does have a service outlet so power into that as normal. Then trigger from the ground and green just like ACNC
Connect the Universal Power (pic below) to the service port of your machine. This is usually located in the bottom of the cabinet by the coin door to the right. If you have a newer Stern machine (Spike 1/Spike2) then it is behind the translite on the lower right side. The plug looks like standard wall outlet.
Note: On some older machines their is may be an adapter cable that you might need. If you listed your machine on the website when you ordered then we will include it for you. Your local computer store should have these or we sell them on our website here: https://pinstadium.com/product/service-port-adapter/
Place the now connected Pin Stadium GI Module over the backboard into the bottom of the cabinet out of the way of any moving objects.
Next locate the accessory packet and inside of it are small adhesive ribbon cable clamps included to use to attach to the back of the playfield to help guide the ribbon cables. They are to be attached to the furthest upper left and right corners of on the backside of the playfield backboard. These are vital as they act as a guide to keep the cables clear of pinching and allow as a memory for your cable length to help keep the cable tucked away and hidden.
Tip: Bend the ribbon cable in half (as shown below) so that it slides easier in the cable clamp. This allow for easier adjustment for slack and helps when you go to tuck it out of site once the playfield is down. You will eventually find a sweet spot that works with each machine. The ribbon cable is designed to be bendable so that you can further tuck it up and out of the way for a nice stealth look.
**IMPORTANT: SKIP this section if you are using the Hover installation kit to mount your lights: Click Here for installation. Otherwise if you are using Magna-Mounts please continue. Lower the playfield back down to it’s level resting position and use the included alcohol wipe to clean just below the playfield glass track. Positioning of the lights will be 1/8th of an inch below the glass channel. Clean about 2 inches below the glass so not to pick up any stray dust. It will need to be very clean and completely dry before proceeding. The wipe is to insure the best adhesion for the Magna-Mount system that hold the lights to the side of the cabinet. This is a VERY IMPORTANT step as this will insure the Pin Stadium lights a solid mount. Take your time here on this one please. Also DO NOT remove the other side of the Magna-Mounts from the light bar prior to installation. The light bars are to be installed with them on for two important reasons, one for correct positioning and also for polarity of the mounts. If you take them off and install them there is a good chance you will reverse polarity if they are not put on with the light bars. If polarity it wrong light bars will always shift when you re-attached them and never go in the correct spot. The two magnets fight against each other.
Notice here, I have roughly marked the length of the lights to know where to clean and positioning of the lights is critical for the best effect and clean factory finished look. The ribbon cable should be tucked just behind and under the back playfield glass receiver channel.
Carefully peel off the white protective backing for the Magna-Mount system, paying attention to align the lights 1/16th inch below the channel and far enough back to hide the ribbon cable and to clear the backbox hinge.
Note: DO NOT separate either of the sides the Magna-Mounts from the back of the light bar as it needs to be installed together as the magnetic polarity is set for proper mounting. This is very important!
Press firmly all along the entire length of the light channel with your fingers to create maximum bonding. Repeat for the opposite side of the cabinet. Take your time here as this is a vital part of the install to insure proper mounting.
Step 7 (Finished)
Restore the playfield to normal play position and replace the balls. Attach the Pin Stadium lights to their Magna-Mount backs on the side of the cabinet. Replace the playfield glass and lockbar.
**Important: Remember to always remove the lights and rest them on the playfield before raising your playfield. They will get potentially get damaged if you do not do this. Try to remind yourself as this is SUPER important especially since you are not used to doing this each time when raising your playfield. If you plan to raise the playfield to a vertical position then we suggest that you wedge the light bars on the playfield safely under a slingshot plastic or habitrail ball return above an inlane. Each machine is different and you will need to find a good spot on each machine to secure them.
Next simply go to the Pin Stadium app download and install link: Click Here!
***Note if you have the new Neo Wifi Chip there is a section “How Do I Access The Neo Wifi Chip Additional Settings Menu?” in the link above to show you how to access the additional Color Wheel and White Settings since the default home screen for the Neos is different. Very cool!!
Enjoy the light show and your new vision of your pinball machine! Please post up your impressions on the Pin Stadium Pinside thread as many others are really wanting to see and hear the results. It would be really great if you can take a picture in the dark of your machine with the lights OFF and then with them ON! Thank you again for your order and support of this product. As always please do no hesitate to email me directly with any questions: [email protected]