To the untrained eye, a pinball machine may look nothing more than a chaotic mechanical frenzy set in some well-drawn artwork. To pinball fans, however, these machines are marvels worthy of all kinds of mods and upgrades.
It is easy enough to tell when a pinball machine requires some enhancements or is in need of repairs. Depending on where damage is present or visible, you can straightforwardly diagnose a playfield or lighting issue that needs attention. Dimming bulbs, for instance, could use new pinball LED lights or your choice of replacement, while faded artwork and damaged playfield elements must be repaired or revamped to avoid further damage to your machine.
Regular upkeep is key to diagnosing these problems in your pinball playfield. Quick action to fix these minor issues can very well save you a great deal of expense from major repair in the long run.
And where lighting upkeep is the concern, it pays knowing when you should update your machine’s factory setup and why LED lighting enhancements are the best choice over other types of pinball lighting. Here are ways to know when it’s time to upgrade your lighting with pinball LED light mods:
1. On a new machines you see dark spots, shadows, and general all-around uneven lighting on the playfield (especially in the center where they are ALL dim/dark) then you definitely need to add additional LED lighting. Also older machines you find yourself having to replace bulbs too frequently. Pinball LED lights last far longer than standard incandescent bulbs. Upgrading to LED lights will therefore help you avoid frequent replacements.
2. Incandescent bulbs draw a lot of power and give off heat, which may cause playfield artwork to fade prematurely. Heat from pinball lights may likewise warp plastics and cause artwork on the backglass or backbox to flake. It may also cause inserts to sink or rise, which can mean more damage that will need repairs in the long run. Upgrading to pinball LED lights can virtually eliminate these problems as LEDs operate at low temperatures and will not heat up your playfield the way that traditional incandescent bulbs do.
3. You want to make your machine more energy efficient. LED lights draw much less power, which means less energy consumption and less strain your pinball machine boards. Switching to LEDs could also mean less problems resulting from prolonged use or operation like burnt connectors from drawing more heat and power.
4. Your machine needs a makeover. Another good reason to upgrade to pinball LED lights is when your machine is in dire need of an aesthetic upgrade(looking dull and lifeless). One of the main advantages of using LED lights in a pinball playfield is that they come in different colors, which add visual appeal to the machine. Even the newest of pinball machines that already have LED lights, still have multitudes of dark spots where the LED GI (General Illumination) lights cannot and will NEVER reach.
5. In summary it is rather simple, you’ll know it’s time to upgrade to LED lights or add lighting when your factory pinball bulbs are proving inefficient in illuminating your game. Take a look next time you play a game and you may see it in a whole new light.
Looking for the best pinball LED lights for your machine? Pin Stadium Lights is an absolute favorite and #1 ranked by pinball collector circles worldwide, providing pinball machine owners an entire range of lighting mods, specially designed to bring life into playfields. Their patent-pending system works to bring dramatic lighting effects to your game, providing seamless easy Plug & Play integration for classic machines and brand-new machines alike. Shop for pinball LED lights, mod kits, PCB boards, chips, and other accessories at Pin Stadium Lights for your ultimate pinball mod project!